If you have ever had orthodontic work or know someone in your life who has, you know how invasive and time consuming it can be. In some cases, it may even be painful, especially if the person has a lot movement that needs to be done to their teeth. Years ago, there were very few options for moving teeth besides braces and headgear, both of which could be very expensive and took numerous appointments to get adjusted and cleaned, now, however, cosmetic dentistry has provided people with a new, less invasive option called Invisalign. Here are the top 5 benefits of using Invisalign to perfect your smile.
- Invisalign is much less invasive. You know that getting braces applied is a long process and ends with the patient having a mouth full of metal for as many as a few years. This is invasive not only to the mouth, but to a person’s life in general. Braces require many appointments to tighten wires and adjust brackets or other potential additions like expanders or power chains. To do this for years can very much affect a person’s life.z
- Invisalign looks better. Invisalign is essential just clear plastic, meaning it is much less noticeable than big, metal brackets and chains. Often times braces can make the wearer feel self conscious, whereas Invisalign is much more discreet. In fact, in some pictures or lighting, most would not even be able to tell that someone is wearing an Invisalign tray.
- Invisalign puts you in control. Whereas with braces, a patient has no control over their dental work, Invisalign allows the wearer to have a bit more control. Invisalign can be taken out for meals or big events, which allows a little more freedom to the wearer to experience life without feeling self-conscious about having dental work.
- Invisalign will not give you additional discomfort. Braces are metal brackets fastened by sharp wires. While they may make teeth sore from movement, another reality is that wires can pop out and poke and brackets can rub against the inside of the mouth, causing sores and cuts. Invisalign may have a little bit of soreness as well, but there is no risk for additional pain like cuts or sores.
- Invisalign is ideal for adults. Due to the fact that Invisalign is so discreet, adults who have never had work done to their teeth can still do so without the embarrassment of braces. Often times if adults are unhappy with their teeth but feel they are too old for braces, they will opt not to have any work done at all. Now, they can work with a cosmetic dentist to find an Invisalign solution that will work for them and allow them to have the smile they always wanted.Smiles are an important part of your face and if you are not quite happy with yours, you should know that there are options at Riverfront Dental to fix it in a way that does not require you to get traditional metal braces.